Sometimes you may need to remove a connection on LinkedIn, maybe you haven’t had contact with to them in a while, or you just don’t remember who they are. However, it’s not always easy to find that “unfriend” button, which LinkedIn refers to as “Remove connection”. There are a few ways to do this, and the first one is so super simple.
Super simple way to remove a connection on LinkedIn
- Go to the profile of the connection you wish to remove
- Click on the arrow that’s on the left of the Send a message button
- Select the last option, Remove connection
Remove a connection with stealth
If you wish to remove someone without visiting their profile first, so you don’t show up on their activity feed, this is how you do it:
- Click on Connections at the top of the page
- Click on Filter by All Contacts and select Connections only
- Click on the More inside the mini profile display and select Remove connections
Remove more than one connection at the same time
- Select all the connections you wish to remove by checking the box next to their profile picture
- Scroll up to the middle of the page and click More and select Remove from contacts
- Double check you want to remove the contact then click Remove
Will they know you’ve removed them?
LinkedIn does not send out a notification to anyone you’ve removed so go ahead and remove those contacts that aren’t adding any value to your LinkedIn network.
If you found this post useful, please share by clicking on one of your favourite social media buttons below.